Information We Collect
You are free to browse our Website without submitting your personal information to us. The following are common reasons that we may collect your personal information:
• Registration for an account on the Website;
• Sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
• Participation in surveys, panels, or market research;
• Participation in special events;
• Requests for information or assistance;
• Processing of grant applications;
• In conjunctions with your employment inquiries or applications;
• Participation on social media accounts involving Foundation properties;
• Participation in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services;
• Provision of user generated content on any part of the Website that permits it;
• Any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information.
If you interact with any pages with any Robert W. Plaster Foundation social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, YouTube, or Pinterest, we may also collect personal information. In this event, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to by these social media platforms.
In addition, when you interact with our Website, our servers may keep an activity log and we may collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
• We may collect demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
• We may collect device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, location, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
• We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Website;
• We may collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses;
• We collect and store your search terms and search results.
We may also collect and store other information regarding your use of the Website so that third parties may provide us reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we obtain from you to personalize and improve your experience on our Website. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
• For editorial purposes;
• To responding to your inquiries;
• To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and sending you information about features on our Website;
• To communicate with you about policies updates;
• To personalize content and experiences on our Website, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences;
• To send you newsletters and information about special events by e-mail or another medium;
• To process your grant or employment application;
• To optimize our products, services and operations;
• To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
• To perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns;
• To manage our business
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The Robert W. Plaster Foundation upholds the highest standards of ethical practices in all of our operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our Website.
Occasionally, we use third-party agents, affiliates and partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Website.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents or the users of the Website or the public.
The Robert W. Plaster Foundation also collects information to help us tailor the Website to visitor interests and concerns. We use “cookies” to help us understand which parts of our Website are the most popular, where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. The information that is gathered through cookies is used solely to assist in improving Website design and function. This Website is functional without the retention of cookies. You may elect to block cookies from this site through your browser settings.
We strive to protect the transmission of any information submitted by visitors. Understand that no transmission of data is completely secure, and submissions are at the visitor’s risk.
Questions and comments should be directed to: Info@RobertWPlasterFoundation.org